Generally refers to unfired pottery, although sometimes the term is used to specify Chinese stoneware with a high-fired green glaze. Also see bone dry and leather-hard.

Glossary of Art Terms. 2014.

Игры ⚽ Поможем написать реферат

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Greenware — can refer to *Greenware, a software license. *Greenware, a stage of clay *Greenware, the brand name of a 100% corn based cup produced by Fabri Kal …   Wikipedia

  • greenware — noun a) Pottery that has been shaped but not yet fired, especially while it is drying prior to being fireable. b) A form of Chinese pottery having a green glaze. See Also: earthenware, greenbody, stoneware …   Wiktionary

  • greenware — /ˈgrinwɛə/ (say greenwair) noun pottery which has not been fired. Compare bisque3 …  

  • greenware — ˈ ̷ ̷ˌ ̷ ̷ noun : unfired pottery …   Useful english dictionary

  • Types of pottery cracking — Cracking results from stress within a ceramic body. This can be due to expansion, contraction, and shrinkage and how the work responds to these stressors. Poor drying or uneven compression and alignment of particles in the making can result in an …   Wikipedia

  • Toilet — This article is about a sanitation fixture used primarily for the disposal of human excrement. For a room containing a toilet, see toilet (room). For other uses, see toilet (disambiguation) …   Wikipedia

  • Farnham — infobox UK place country = England latitude=51.20 longitude= 0.79 official name= Farnham static static image caption=Castle Street population = 38,000 shire district= Waverley shire county = Surrey region= South East England map type= Surrey… …   Wikipedia

  • Sprigging (decorative) — Sprigging or sprigged decoration is an embossed decoration on pottery, usually press moulded shapes applied to greenware or bisque.Clay body for the sprig is pushed into the mould, the back scraped flat, then released on a damp cloth pad. The… …   Wikipedia

  • candle — 1. noun /ˈkændl/ a) A light source consisting of a wick embedded in a solid, flammable substance such as wax, tallow, or paraffin. b) The protruding, removable portion of a filter, particularly a water filter. See Also …   Wiktionary

  • Pottery — Pot and Pots redirect here. For Pot, see Pot (disambiguation). For POTS, see POTS (disambiguation). Unfired green ware pottery on a traditional drying rack at Conner Prairie living history museum …   Wikipedia

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”